Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Fine Day

Many a time we are all guilty of taking the easy way out, going wrong way on that one way, into a no entry, jumping signals, not using indicators and many such things. This person in a car decided to take the illegal u-turn before the flyover outside EcoSpace. 2 other cars behind him hit the brakes so hard, you could hear the screeches and see the dust. They all banged into each other. Me and another 2 wheeler rammed the last car in this chain despite me braking. I was thrown on to the middle of the road. A bus from behind ran on to my bike. The other 2 wheeler was sandwiched between the car and the bus. The rider looked like he had head injuries and a crushed leg. No oncoming traffic hit me coz they were avoiding a dead dog behind me. I was wearing my helmet and gloves and the laptop bag probably helped cushion my landing. I just have body pain and bruises. And a crushed bike which I may not be able to restore. Not the case with the other rider, a definite change in his quality of life. The speeds were probably around 40kmph and distances between vehicles at 10 to 15 feet. I hope none of us ever decide to take the easy way out, coz your convenience may cause a terrible inconvenience to others.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Take care bro.. And Use Ceat tyres?? :)

Wilson said...

Hahah, yeah, was on Zapper Q's now

Shantanu said...

I was in the car ahead of the Chevrolet BEAT. the impact from the crash was huge, even I had some seat belt injuries.

The place outside Eco space is actually a recipe for disaster. People keep taking illegal u-turns to save 2-3 drops of petrol, even today I saw people removing the stones and making way for a U-Turn.

Thank god that you are safe....

Wilson said...

Yes, I noticed that today, while travelling on the bus, until I get another bike. I have refrained from posting pictures of my bike under the wheels of the bus so i dont freak out my friends.

Good to hear you were wearing seat belts.

The bus stop, the cracks in the median, the 2 huge ditches coming down from the flyover, pedestrians crossing, a definite lack of planning is reflected here within a distance of 50 metres, how can we expect the authorities to plan the whole city.